每天資訊如何結束一個對話 How to Leave an English Conversation

菜單

如何結束一個對話 How to Leave an English Conversation

如何結束一個對話 How to Leave an English Conversation

05:29

Hello, I‘m Niamh。 And welcome to Oxford Online English!

嗨,我是 Niamh。歡迎來到 Oxford Online English!

In this lesson you can learn how to leave a conversation politely in English。

Have you ever found yourself in situation where you really needed to go, but didn’t know how to leave politely?

本節課,你將學習在英語中如何禮貌地結束一個對話。

你曾經有過發現自己處於一個真的必須要走了,但是不知道如何禮貌地離開的場景嗎?

Maybe another student is talking to you in the library and you have a lot of study to do, or your friend has called you and you really don‘t have time to talk。

You want to talk to them, just not right now。

或許另一學生正在圖書館裡跟你說話,而你有很多功課要做,或者你的朋友打電話給你,但你真的沒有時間聊天。

你想和他們聊天,只是不是現在。

Not to worry; there’s a few simple things you can do to leave the conversation politely。

1。 Use the conversation‘s natural rhythm。

不用擔心;你可以做這些簡單的事情來禮貌地結束對話。

1。 利用對話中自然的節奏。

Conversations have a natural rhythm。 You take turns, and sometimes there are short pauses。

對話裡有一個自然的節奏。你們輪流說話,有時候會有短暫的停頓。

These pauses are your opportunity to make your excuse and leave。 “Well, it’s been nice talking to you but I really have to go。

這些停頓就是你找藉口離開的機會。“跟你聊天很開心,但我真的得走了。

I ‘ll see you soon。” You can see that when you’re making an excuse it follows a pattern。

我們待會見。”你會發現當你找藉口的時候是遵循一個模板的。

You give the reason, refer to the future, then say goodbye。

Let‘s look at one more example of this: “So, great talking to you, but I have to get back to the office。

你說明理由,提下未來,然後說再見。

讓我們再看一個例子:“跟你聊天很好,但我必須回辦公室了。

Take care!” Another useful point: you can use discourse markers like ’well‘, ’anyway‘, ’alright‘ and ’so‘ when you want to leave a conversation。

保重!”另一個有幫助的要點:你可以使用話語標記比如 ’well‘,’anyway‘,’alright‘ 或者 ’so‘,在你想結束一段對話的時候。

Native speakers often use these when they want to show that a conversation is ending。

So, if you’re at a party and you need to get away, you could say something like: “Alright, I‘m going to get another drink。

以英語為母語的人在想表示一段對話要結束了的時候經常使用這些詞。

所以,如果你在一個派對上,你需要離開了,你可以這麼說:“好了,我要再去拿杯酒。

I’ll see you around again soon sometime。” Or: “Anyway, I should go say hi to Liz。

我們很快會有機會再聚的。”或者:“不論如何,我應該跟 Liz 打個招呼。

I‘ll see you later!” But what if there aren’t any pauses in the conversation?

待會見!”但是如果對話中沒有任何停頓該怎麼辦?

What can you do? 2。 Say their name。

你能做什麼?2。 說出他們的名字。

Imagine you‘re in a conversation with someone who just won’t stop talking。

You can‘t just interrupt them and say, ’Sorry I have to go now。 Bye。 ‘ and then walk off!

假設你正在你和某人在談話,對方一直說個不停。

你不能直接打斷他們然後說:‘抱歉,我必須走了。再見。’ 然後離開。

That would be extremely rude。 When someone says your name, what’s your reaction?

這是極為無禮的。當有人叫你的名字的時候,你的反應是什麼?

Most people stop and listen。 This can be a good way to break into a conversation if you need to make an excuse and leave。

大多數人會停下來聽。如果你需要找藉口離開的話,這會是插入一個對話的好方法。

Imagine you‘re in your office and your colleague is telling you all about the big presentation the day before, but you have a lot of work to do。

Say their name, wait for them to pause and then explain the situation。

假設你在辦公室,你的同事正告訴你關於昨天大型報告的一切,但你有很多工作要做。

叫他們的名字,等他們停歇,然後解釋這個狀況。

For example: “John, I’m really sorry but I‘ve got lots of work to do right now。

Can you fill me in at lunch?”

比如:“John,我很抱歉但我現在真的有一堆工作要做。

你能午餐的時候再跟我詳細說嗎?”

This is a simple, effective way to leave a conversation politely。

What other techniques can you use?

這是一種簡單,有效的方式來禮貌地結束對話。

你還可以使用什麼技巧?

3。 Act like you’re keeping them from leaving。

A good trick is to turn it around by acting like the person you‘re talking to wants to leave。

3。 表現得好像你阻礙了他們離開。

一個好方法是轉換角度,表現得好像你正在談話的物件想要離開。

But how do you do this?

You can use a phrase like: “I’ll let you go”; “I have to let you go,” or, “I won‘t keep you any longer。”

你怎麼做到這個?

你可以用一個這樣的短語:“我會讓你走,”或者,“我就不再久留你了。”

So, if you find yourself on the phone with a friend who wants to have a long chat, you could say something like: “Listen, Mary, I have to let you go。 I’ll call you back later。

所以,如果你發現自己和一個朋友打電話,對方想要長聊時,你可以說:“聽著,瑪麗,我必須讓你走了。我待會再打給你。

Talk to you soon!” Imagine you‘re in the library at university。

下次繼續聊!”假設你正在大學的圖書館裡。

Someone starts talking to you, but you need to get back to your revision。

You could say something like: “Anyway, I’m sure you‘ve got a lot to do。

某人開始跟你說話,但是你需要回去複習。

你可以像這樣說:“總之,我確定你還有很多事要做吧。

I won’t keep you any longer。 It was great talking to you!”

我就不再久留你了。跟你聊天很棒!”

Sometimes, though, you might feel bad just walking off and leaving someone standing by themselves。

Is there anything you can do to avoid this?

有時候,儘管可能覺得直接走開或者是將某人獨自留在原地不太好。

有任何你可以做的事來避免這樣呢?

Yes, there is! 4。 Introduce them to someone else。

是的,當然有!4。 把他們介紹給別人。

This is a good idea in social situations。 Grab a third person and introduce them to the person you‘re talking to。

這在社交場合是一個很好的主意。抓個第三人,把他們介紹給你正在談話的物件。

Then, make your excuse and leave。 You could say something like: “Have you met Simon?

之後,找藉口離開。你可以這麼說:“你見過 Simon 嗎?

He’s also studying business administration。” Or: “Oh, hey, do you know Amy?

他也在學工商管理。”或者:“嘿,你認識 Amy 嗎?

I think you guys have a lot in common。” Once they have started talking you can say something like: “Please excuse me。”

我覺得你們有很多共同點。”一旦他們開始交談,你就可以這麼說:“請擔待一下。”

“I‘m going to get some food—I’ll see you in a bit!” And then make your getaway。

“我要去吃點東西——一會兒見!”然後趁機溜走。

5。 Mission accomplished! Maybe you started the conversation for a specific reason。

5。 任務完成!可能你因為一個特殊的原因開始一段談話。

You got what you wanted and now you want to go。 Well, first things first。

你知道了你想知道的,現在你想離開了。首先第一件事。

Bring the conversation back around to where it started。 Here, the word ‘just’ is very useful。

把話題引回它開始的地方。接著,‘just’ 這個單詞很有用。

For example: “Anyway, I just wanted to hear what you thought about all this。”

“Alright, I just needed to let you know what was going on。”

比如:“總之,我只是想知道你對這一切是怎麼想的。”

“好了,我只是想讓你知道發生了什麼。”

Maybe you started taking English classes at a new school and you wanted to find out which social activities were good。

Bring the conversation back around to that topic and make sure to thank the other person for the information they‘ve given you。

或許你在一個新的學校開始上英語課,你想知道什麼社交活動不錯。

讓話題回到這個主題,確保感謝對方提供的資訊。

“I just wanted to hear what you thought。 Thanks so much for the advice!”

“我只是想知道你是怎麼想的。非常感謝你的建議!”

Then you could make an excuse like: “I’d better get started on all that homework we got。 I‘ll see you next class。”

接著你可以找一個像這樣的藉口:“我最好還是開始寫我們佈置的作業吧。下節課再見。”

So, it’s been great talking to you today, but I really have to go。

I hope this lesson has been useful for you。

嗯,今天跟你聊天很棒,但我真的得走了。

我希望這節課對你有幫助。

You can find the full script and more of our free lessons at Oxford Online English dot com。

Thanks for watching!

感謝觀看!